February 11, 2019
The 2019 winter season for the US is proving to be an active one. The latest forecast is pointing to the North West as the next big target for snow, ice and inclement weather. As this part of the country is experiencing blizzard conditions and blustery temperatures throughout the weekend and beyond, another part of the country is in full preparation mode for the same weather forecast.
With such Winter Storm Watch, Authorities stress the importance of a few tips to help stay safe:
1. Stay off the roads.
2. Stay indoors and dress warmly.
3. Use generators outside only and away from windows.
4. Listen for emergency information and alerts.
5. Check on your neighbors and friends.
How to prepare NOW:
1. Prepare your home to keep out the cold with insulation, caulking and weather stripping.
2. Sign up for community warning systems.
3. Gather supplies in the case you need to stay home for several days without power.
4. Create an emergency supply kit for your car. Include jumper cables, sand, flashlight, warm clothes, blankets, bottled water, and non-perishable snacks. Remember to keep your gas tank full.
We also want to take this opportunity to remind our valued members, MDLIVE gives you real-time online doctor visits 24/7/365. MDLIVE qualified doctors have an average of 15 years’ experience and can assist with diagnosing and treating 50+ common illnesses. You can have an MDLIVE online doctor visit using the mobile app, website or by phone. We encourage you to take the opportunity and download the MDLIVE app and add this to your Winter weather preparedness plan. Please visit MDLIVE.com/getapp
Please stay safe and if needed Get well during this Weather event.