What Can Online Doctors Treat?
Our doctors can diagnose and treat many non-emergency conditions. While MDLIVE is not intended to replace your primary care doctor, a virtual doctor’s appointment can often be a faster, more affordable, and more convenient alternative to a trip to a doctor’s office, urgent care, or the emergency room.
- Ear problems
- Insect bites
- Pink eye
- Respiratory problems
- Sore throats
- Urinary problems / UTI**
- And more
*Parents/guardian will be required to complete a different medical history disclosure form for children under the age of 36-months prior to making an appointment with an MDLIVE physician. Children under 36 months who present with fever must be referred to their pediatrician (medical home), child-friendly urgent care center or emergency department for clinical evaluation and care.
**MDLIVE physicians do not treat males or pediatric patients with urinary symptoms.
When your medical condition calls for a prescription, our doctors can send an e-prescription straight to your local pharmacy. Please note that for your own safety and to comply with state pharmacology laws, the following restrictions apply:
- Temporary prescription refills (2-3 days) may be issued only when the patient is able to demonstrate an existing prescription.
- MDLIVE doctors are unable to write prescriptions for more than a 30-day supply. Patients with chronic illnesses should visit their primary care doctors or other specialists for extended care.
- MDLIVE physicians will not prescribe DEA-controlled substances, non-therapeutic drugs, and certain other drugs which may be harmful because of their potential for abuse. For a current list of DEA controlled substances, visit http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules/.
- MDLIVE does not guarantee that a prescription will be written; that will be determined by the physician based on your clinical presentation. However, you are always guaranteed quality healthcare.
Behavioral Health Concerns
Major studies have shown that online counseling is just as effective as in-person counseling – with the added benefits of privacy, convenience, and access to an entire community of in-state licensed and credentialed therapists.
- Bipolar disorders
- Child and adolescent issues
- Eating disorders
- Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender issues
- Grief and loss
- Life changes
- Panic disorders
- Parenting issues
- Postpartum depression
- Relationship and marriage issues
- Trauma and PTSD
- And more