May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month. In honor of it, MDLIVE encourages you to take time to have your skin checked!
Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer diagnosed in the U.S. Current estimates indicate that one in five Americans will develop it in their lifetimes. Fortunately, skin cancer is the easiest cancer to treat when detected early.
That suspicious-looking mole or spot on your skin? It’s probably nothing. But if you’re not sure. Don’t put off getting it checked any longer. If you notice a new mole or one that has changed or is not healing you can get checked by one the board-certified dermatologists in our network. An MDLIVE visit takes less than 10 minutes to complete, and you’ll have peace-of-mind.
Five Important Facts About Skin Cancer
• Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer diagnosed in the U.S.
• Current estimates indicate that one in five Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetimes.
• Melanoma skin cancer is the most common form of cancer for young adults 25-29 years old, and it is the second most common form of cancer for adolescents and young adults 15-29 years old.
• Among young adults between 20-39 years old, melanoma is the second most common invasive cancer, behind only breast cancer.
• Skin cancer is the easiest cancer to treat when detected early.
MDLIVE encourages you to visit (SkinCancer.org) or (AAD.org) to learn more about skin cancer prevention and the importance of early detection.
Early detection is crucial to saving lives.
According to the American Cancer Society, 80-percent of skin cancer biopsies are found to be benign. And those biopsies that are discovered to be cancerous, the good news is that skin cancer is one of the easiest to treat successfully … provided it is detected early. Unfortunately, it can often take months to nail down an appointment through a dermatologist’s office. And, even if you can get an appointment, you have to take time out of your busy schedule to go.
MDLIVE gives you online access to real dermatologists.
Quite literally, the power to take control of your health is in your hands. Through your phone, tablet or computer, you have quick and easy access to a U.S. board-certified dermatologist when it’s convenient for you. If you’ve got 10 minutes, you’ve got the time it takes to conduct a visit. Then, usually, in less than 24 hours*, a highly qualified dermatologist can put your mind at ease by either assuring you have nothing to worry about or getting you the immediate care you need to get back on the path to good health.
*24 hours is the average turnaround time; guarantee no longer than three business days
How does it work?
Visit MDLIVE Dermatology for more information or Start A Visit right now!