Back to blog posts list.
Country Living Just Got Easier with Telehealth
April 2, 2019
Country living just got easier. MDLIVE is a leader in telehealth innovation with online doctors who revolutionize remote access to quality healthcare. The physicians are board-certified and trained in virtual technology to treat many non-emergency conditions.
There is a certain feeling of freedom that you get from living in the country, outside the big city limits, that is difficult to explain unless you’ve experienced country living, firsthand. Having grown up in a small town, I appreciate the tight-knit communities, friendly neighbors, rural areas, and fresh air. With that sentiment, I’ve also felt the limitations of country living, too. In particular, living miles away from the nearest urgent care facilities and not being able to access around-the-clock healthcare or doctor visits when needed.
When I first learned about telehealth I was immediately interested in how it could improve the lives of families, including mine who live in rural populations. Telehealth, by definition, is the delivery of healthcare remotely using telecommunications technology – the internet. It gives people the freedom of health, regardless of location, to visit doctors; therapists, and dermatologists online through their computer, smartphone, tablet, or LAN line anytime they need. Telehealth fills the gap that many rural families encounter when it comes to healthcare and traveling long-distance to visit their doctor’s office. Here are some benefits worth mentioning:
- Choose a Physician by expertise, not location. Telehealth allows you and your family to choose the most qualified doctors around. Instead of being limited by boundaries and available staff in your surrounding area, you will be able to select from a list of board-certified physicians and specialist. To ensure that you are getting the best in quality care for you and your family.
- Visit a doctor any time of the day or night. When a child’s fever spikes in the middle of the night, you won’t have to wait until morning, any longer, to consult with a doctor. Online doctors are available for consultation 24 hours a day, and if needed, they can call in a prescription to your local pharmacy. By the time it usually takes to make an appointment, drive to town, and wait for a prescription to be filled. Your child can already have started taking the medication and feeling better, all from the comfort of your home.
- Online doctors can prescribe medications when needed, and refill prescriptions find out more. Save time and trips to town by having your online doctor send your prescription to the local pharmacy.
- Get a second opinion or follow up on an earlier visit. Online doctors are, also, available for referrals, second opinions, and when possible, follow up visits. To find out about this benefit, visit the website.
- Online doctors travel with you. MDLIVE has an app for smartphones, allowing full access to online doctor’s visits wherever you go in the United States. It’s also a great resource if you have children in college or family members who travel often.
Telehealth is bridging the gap between healthcare and rural living by providing healthcare without boundaries.